BAHAMAS TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION (BTC)
1. TARGET GROUP
- Postpaid customers receive twice their monthly data allowance.
- Each of the 3 prepaid combo plans now receive twice the data applicable for each plan.
- Customers where fiber cables have been installed, customers will now receive twice the speed at no additional charge.
- For FlowTV subscribers, 23 free additional channels have been added at no additional charge until April 30, 2020.
- Monthly bill payments have been deferred from the 17th of March 2020 for the duration of the state of public emergency and extending a period of sixty days. If a customer does not pay after sixty days they shall enter an arrangement for the payment of the deferred bill over a longer period of time.
Benefits (a) to (d) are automatic, without the need to meet any requirements.
For benefit (e), you must be unable to pay your monthly bill as a result of the termination of your employment, or unable to access electronic or any remote means to pay the bill.
4. COMMENCEMENT AND EXPIRY DATES
For benefits (a) to (d) in No. 2, this assistance began at the end of March, and no expiration date has been announced.
For benefit (e), this assistance began on March 17, 2020 and will end 60 days after the end of the state of public emergency.
5. HOW TO APPLY
Since the benefits are automatic, there is no need to apply.